How We Keep Your Data Private
We respect your privacy and will protect your personal information. This policy tells you how we (hereinafter, “we”, “us”, “our” or “Company”) , will process and protect your personal information when you make use of any of our websites, social media platforms or other sites or mobile applications, if any, that we may operate from time to time and/or purchase and/or access any of our products and/or services on such sites and platforms (hereinafter collectively “Site/s”).
In order for us to assist you, you will have to share information with us and we will ensure that we comply with the lawful processing requirements stipulated in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA), as amended, and where applicable, other data protection laws, and keep your personal information strictly confidential.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you interact with us, you may provide us with personal information. You can choose not to provide personal information when requested.
Personal information we collect from you may include:
- your first and last or company name, email address, phone number,
- to send you a quote or invoice you, we might collect your publicly available personal information from the Internet.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect your personal information in a variety of ways when you interact with us, including when:
- you engage us to provide our products and services;
- we process orders and payment transactions;
- we respond to your enquiries and requests;
- we obtain feedback from you about our products and/or services;
- we conduct our administrative and business functions;
- we market our solutions and services to you;
- you access and use our Sites; and/or
- you apply for employment with us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information when we are permitted to do so by law. Most commonly we may use your personal information to:
- send communications to you;
- establish, manage, and maintain our business relationships;
- respond to inquiries and requests;
- provide you with a more personalised experience when you interact with us;
- conduct administrative and business functions;
- update our records and keep contact details up to date;
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone except as provided in this policy. By visiting our Site, and or subscribing to our products and/or services you automatically consent to us processing your personal information. It may be necessary for us to disclose or transfer your personal information to suppliers, affiliates, partners or agents in order to provide you with our products and/or services.
We and our partners will need to disclose your personal information to our employees in order to provide you with our products and/or services. Our employees are contractually bound to keep all personal information confidential. We will also disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, or enforce agreements. Depending on the purpose, retention periods will vary. The criteria we use to determine retention periods include whether:
- we are under a legal, contractual or other obligation to retain personal information including pursuant to data retention laws, as part of an investigation or for litigation purposes;
- personal information is needed to provide our solutions and services business including performance improvement and to maintain accurate business and financial records;
- there are automated means to enable you to access and delete your personal information at any time. We will generally retain personal information for a shorter period of time, where this is not the case;
- the personal information is sensitive personal information in which event we will generally retain this for a shorter period of time;
- you have consented to us retaining your personal information for a longer retention period, in which case, we will retain personal information in line with your consent.